Q. What is LifePak?
A. LifePak is a comprehensive nutritional supplementation system, delivering the optimum types and amounts of vitamins, minerals, trace elements, antioxidants, and phytonutrients for general health and well-being. LifePak has been improved with added nutrients like molybdenum yeast, alpha-lipoic acid, inositol and green tea.
Q. Who should take this product?
A. Anyone concerned with optimal health. LifePak should be the core product in a Pharmanex supplement regimen. LifePak can be taken by anyone who is at least 12 years of age or 100 lbs/45 kg.
Q. What are the seven major health benefits provided by LifePak’s comprehensive formula?
A. The seven major health benefits provided by LifePak are -
1. Provides powerful nutrients with alpha-lipoic acid plus 20 protective nutrients that help against DNA attack from free radicals.
2. Delivers cardiovascular support with natural vitamin E and B-vitamins, and a full spectrum of antioxidant phytonutrients.
3. Addresses all common vitamin, mineral and trace element deficiencies with highly bioavailable and well-tolerated nutrients in the most appropriate dosages.
4. Provides full-spectrum nutritional support for the immune system with vitamins A, C, E, B6, zinc, and a carotenoid blend.
5. Provides complete bone nutrition with calcium, magnesium, vitamin D and many other bone nutrients.
6. Supports normal blood sugar metabolism and insulin function.
7. Promotes general well being.
Q. What are the directions for use of LifePak?
A. As a dietary supplement, take two (2) bags daily; take one (1) bag with your morning and evening meals.
Q. How is LifePak supplied?
A. LifePak is supplied in a 30-day supply of 60 bags.
Q. How does LifePak compare to the competition?
A. The LifePak Challenge has been created to help our Distributors and customers compare LifePak to competitors. Click here to view the LifePak Challenge.
Q. What is the LifePak Challenge?
A. Pharmanex is so confident that LifePak will meet your unique supplementation needs that we developed the LifePak Challenge and dared the world to find a better multi-vitamin/mineral supplement. The LifePak Challenge compares multi-vitamins based on the most recent scientific consensus about optimum dietary supplementation and safety.
Q. How has the new LifePak formula improved?
A. LifePak provides the following improvements:
- New ingredient of alpha-lipoic acid, an important antioxidant that helps recycle other antioxidants to help fight against free radical attacks.
- New ingredient of inositol, which assists in the formation of important compounds in the body and promotes the export of fat from the liver.
- New ingredient of green tea extract, another powerful antioxidant.
- Increased level of several trace elements, including selenium, iodine, and manganese, magnesium and molybdenum yeast. Trace elements are good for bone health, muscle contraction, production of red blood cells, nerve function and helps in the prevention of diabetes.
Q. Why do you have to take LifePak twice daily?
A. LifePak is a comprehensive multi-vitamin/mineral/phytonutrient supplements that contain a potent blend of nutrients. It should be taken twice daily to provide your body with optimal saturation and absorption of vitamins and minerals. Twice daily intake will also provide 24-hour antioxidant protection.
Q. Should I take LifePak with a meal?
A. LifePak should be taken with a meal for two reasons. First, it will enhance the absorption of the vitamins, and secondly, taking LifePak with a meal will improve the tolerance of the minerals.
Q. Can I take LifePak if I am pregnant?
A. It is advised on the package label that pregnant women consult with their physician before taking any of the Pharmanex supplements.
Q. Can I take LifePak if I am diabetic, or have cancer/hypertension/heart disease/etc?
A. It is advised on the package label to consult with a physician in the case of medical conditions.
Q. What is homocysteine?
A. Folic Acid, vitamin B12 and vitamin B6 aid in normal homocysteine metabolism. Homocysteine is by-product produced in the normal course of cell metabolism. Research suggests that high levels of homocysteine increase risk of cardiovascular disease.
Q. Is natural Vitamin E better than synthetic?
A. Natural Vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol) has about twice the biological activity than commonly used synthetic Vitamin E (dl-alpha-tocopherol). LifePak also provides mixed natural tocopherols (alpha, beta, gamma, and delta tocopherols), which further enhance the antioxidant protection provided by Vitamin E.
Q. What percent of the vitamins in LifePak do I absorb? What is the percent bioavailability?
A. It is impossible to claim the percentage of absorption or bioavailability for our products because absorption or bioavailability differs with every individual and with every nutrient. Determinants of absorption and bioavailability include age, medications used, daily diet, genetics, intestinal environment, and nutritional status. However, we carefully select all of our ingredients to provide maximum bioavailability based on the most recent research.
Q. Can people with lactose intolerance use LifePak?
A. The LifePak does not contain any ingredient derived from dairy products; therefore, it is milk and lactose free.
Q. What are catechins?
A. Catechins are a group of flavonoid phytonutrients found in green tea with powerful cell DNA protection properties.
Q. How does the level of catechins in LifePak compare to the level of catechins in Tegreen 97?
A. LifePak with catechins provides 90 mg of catechins, which is nutritionally significant. This level is the equivalent dose of four cups of traditionally brewed green tea. Tegreen 97 on the other hand provides 160 mg of catechins, which contains the approximate catechin content of seven cups of traditionally brewed green tea. You can never have enough antioxidants in your body and LifePak and Tegreen 97 provides antioxidants in the form of catechins.
Q. What are Transitory Adaptation Symptoms?
A. When an individual makes significant dietary changes, many metabolic and physiologic changes also occur. An important concept to understand is that improved nutrition and supplementation may cause transitory adaptation symptoms and bodily changes that may last for a few days to several weeks. In most cases, these changes should be viewed as a positive sign that your body is responding to better nutrition.
Common are gastrointestinal discomfort such as nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, bloating and gas. Headaches and transitory changes in the skin such as itching, rashes, and acne are also possible. Mucous membranes may also be temporarily affected causing bumps on the tongue or in the mouth.
In terms of specific advice that we can give you if you are experiencing adverse responses, you may want to use the following guidelines:
- Take your supplements with a meal; this will often reduce or eliminate gastrointestinal symptoms;
- If your symptoms persist for more than a few days or seem to get worse, reduce your supplementation by half and take it with your largest meal of the day; after about one week increase to full supplementation;
- If you follow the above advice and your symptoms still persist, discontinue supplementation for up to one week and then resume;
- If your sleep is affected, take your supplements at least 4-5 hours before retiring;
- If your adaptation appears to be too difficult, discontinue supplementation but continue your dietary changes. Recommendation number 5 should be highly unusual since virtually every healthy individual should be able to adapt to improved nutrition.
You should also be aware that pregnant or lactating women should not take any supplements unless specifically approved by their personal physician. Pregnant and lactating women have special nutritional requirements which may not be met by a product which is not specifically formulated for this condition. In addition, individuals with medical conditions or any condition which may be affected by vitamin and mineral supplementation should consult their physician before beginning this or any similar program.
Q. Why does Pharmanex use calcium carbonate in LifePak?
A. Our goal at Pharmanex is to incorporate into our products the best of science and nature to ensure that our consumers are receiving quality supplements. Pharmanex scientists formulate products with primary sources of bioavailable minerals from organic acid salts and chelates as they have been clinically studied to provide the desired health benefits with enhanced absorption. Calcium carbonate is included as one of the calcium sources in our LifePak products as it is a highly concentrated source of calcium. As LifePak is a complete and comprehensive supplement, it is necessary to use a concentrated source of calcium to allow room for other essential and important nutrients in the remaining capsules. Research continues to support calcium carbonate as an important source of calcium in promoting bone mineral density and reducing risk of osteoporosis. Calcium carbonate has been extensively studied for its health properties and safety and continues to be widely used in many foods and supplements without any adverse effects. (formulas vary by market)